Skip to main content

Intro - This is Carly Hogweed


This is Carly Hogweed - At this point, I'm not aware of it but she'll be the founder in a Random Legacy Challenge.

... and let's just be honest. There are no guarantees that we'll make it very far. The Sims 3 is a pretty unstable game - even with all sorts of mods and precautions in place.

I haven't played The Sims 3 in years and even when I did play it wasn't very much because I could never get the game to run properly. I'll be honest and just say it right away - I'm a TS3 noob and there are a lot of features and mechanics in the game I'm not aware of. This is pretty good because that means it will be like playing a brand new game for me - on the other hand, I'll be doing all sorts of stupid things that are against the rules of said challenge - so yeah... I'll try to draw within the lines but meh... I'll not consider it a fail if I mess up.

First Generation Roles:

Family Structure: Couple
Number of Children: 2
Career 1: Political
Career 2: Fortune Teller (Con Artist)
Generational Goal: Living Green
Misc. Fun: Runs in the Family

Yup - the computer was sold right away after I did my roles for generation one!

Also, don't get our hopes up for a story-driven plot with lots of drama and such. I write game-driven stories... or maybe it would be more correct to call it documenting what happens in my game. Someone once called the style a Let's Play in blog-form - I like that description.

//Onyeka001

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1.1 - Dream Man

Carly lives in Moonlight Falls - or as I've come to think of it "the very rainy world". She bought a lovely piece of land right across the road from the Petite Pony Equestrian Center with easy access to fishing and what Carly suspects will be good soil to plant her garden in. What made Carly settle down in Moonlight Falls, you might wonder - that world is so full of strange beings and... rain, let's not forget the rain. Well, mostly it was the fact that her Watcher had never played in that world before but also... who wouldn't want to have fairies and werewolves as friends, neighbours and co-workers? Speaking of co-workers. Carly had found the perfect job down at Town Hall. She would start out as a glorified cleaning lady aka Podium Polisher but that didn't stop Carly from dreaming way bigger - just wait till they heard about her eco-friendly ideas for city waste disposal! Carly did her very best to befriend some of her co-workers but it was tough at fi

1.3 - Determined Eco-Freak

Having kids and a husband is of course not enough to build a legacy - Simoleons are needed too. Carly is very dedicated and eager when it comes to her job - I'm sure her children would have liked just half as much attention as she puts into pleasing her bosses and "the people".  Carly goes above and beyond when she decides to start hosting Campaign Fundraising parties - She puts on her best dress and a smile and rides her bike, in the pouring rain no less, to the Red Velvet Lounge. Just this once it would have been nice to ride a car so that she could arrive not looking like a drowned rat but no, Carly is very strict when it come to her image. She's the eco- freak ... friend that Moonlight Falls needs and be damned if she'll ruin that image! Back at home Branch is entertaining the kids. It's good that he works so few hours and it's only a stone's throw away from home. I found them like this while Carly was partying at the lounge. I did

1.4 - Teenagers

Pixie had a real birthday party when she celebrated her teen-birthday - that's because she actually knew a few other Sims than her family. I'm not sure I can remember their names other than the teenage girl in the purple skirt - her name is Dixie. She and Pixie were pretty close friends. Dusty didn't have any friends over for her teen-birthday. Mainly because she didn't really know that many kids - if any!? I think she would usually just hang out with Pixie's friends. The second reason might have been that I almost forgot her birthday and I sort of just bought a cake and had her blow out the candles. The only one home to celebrate her was her mum. Oops! Pixie and Dusty soon became best friends forever. Dusty to the left - Pixie to the right Since neither of them had a date for prom they went together and after a lot of fighting, dancing and being rejected for dancing etc they both ended up with a romantic interest before the night was over.